The annual Little Grey Box Christmas Gift Guide is finally here! That’s right, December is upon us, which means Christmas is too. Buying gifts for the travel lover, adventure seeker or eternal wanderer in your life can be very hard. That’s why, each year, I compile my favourite gift ideas to help take the guess-work out of finding the perfect present. They range from the small to large, the luxe to less and the practical to indulgent. So, here you have it, the official Little Grey Box Christmas Gift Guide, complete with 56 gift ideas PERFECT for travel lovers. (P.S if you need to drop a few hints to your family about what to get you, I suggest you share this on your Facebook wall!)
1. Lavish them with this gorgeous beauty bag from Lululemon, which includes a clear removable pouch that’s perfect for airport security screening. It’s sturdy, well-made, holds a LOT of stuff and is beautiful too. I’m obsessed with mine!
2. Spoil your beloved with some luscious Antipodes products to keep their beauty routine on fleek while they travel. The ‘Juliet’ Skin-Brightening Gel Cleanser, Vanilla Pod Hydrating Day Cream and ‘Deliverance’ Kowhai Flower Hand Cream are all winners.
3. For the photography lover in your life, gift them this super stylish and very functional leather camera bag from Lo & Sons.
4. Keep your travel-loving friend look gorgeous with a new pair of sunglasses, like these ridiculously cool Ray Ban’s or these adorable cat-eye sunnies from AM Eyewear, both via Vision Direct.
5. For the friend who loves classy, personal gifts, take a look at the monogrammed travel accessories from The Daily Edited. The range includes overnight bags, travel wallets, passport holders, luggage tags and cosmetic cases which can be monogrammed free of charge.
6. The Biology Hydrating Travel Kit offers luxurious products in perfect travel-size tubes. It includes Pure Hydration shampoo and conditioner and Moisture Therapy body wash, lotion and bar. It’s all free from palm oil, sulphate and paraben-free as well as PH balanced!
7. One of my favourite things and something I think just about everyone will love is their very own Polaroid Camera, perfect for capturing those last-a-lifetime moments in a unique, fun way
8. If you really want to do someone a solid this Christmas, give the gift of incredible luggage! I recently started using Lojel’s range of luggage and I’m all kinds of obsessed with it. Read this to find out what’s so damn great about it.
9. Know someone who loves to take selfies when they travel? A LuMee case is a great gift for helping them get their lighting situation sorted and keep those selfies on point.
10. These beautiful little twinkle lights are super cheap and will add a little sparkle of magic to the home of any travel-lover, they also double as a fantastic prop in photographs
11. Shower them with beautiful products from Thankyou. They have a range of awesome gift sets which offer luxurious products like Coffee Body Scrub, Sweet Orange & Almond hand wash, Geranium & Rosewood hand cream and fancy hand sanitisers too. The best part? 100% of profits help end global poverty AND you can get FREE shipping by using the code ‘littlegreybox’ at the checkout.
12. Change the travel game of a good friend FOREVER with the ultimate in travel pillows. The Tempur memory foam travel pillow has been designed for maximum comfort and has a removable case for washing (dream!)
13. Another great gift idea from Lululemon is the gift of super comfortable activewear which is all-too-perfect for long-haul flights and those epic hiking adventures just waiting to be had in places like Hawaii. Check out these gift ideas perfect for her.
14. Need a stocking stuffer? A cosy pair of travel slippers go a long way to making those horrid long-haul flights a tad more comfortable.
15. For a super personal, thoughtful gift they’ll cherish forever, these Travel Diaries are perfect. You can give someone a diary as a gift by purchasing a voucher. Then, they create their diary themselves by laying out photos, stories and maps from their journey. It’s printed and turned into a book they can read, share and cherish forever. Amazing, right?!
16. Perfect for the fashion-forward traveller in your life, these hats from Lack of Color are stylish, sun-safe and perfect for Christmas.
17. If you love to give gifts that are practical, functional and will actually change someone’s travelling life, a Double Travel Adapter with USB is perfect! You can use it anywhere in the world, charge two things via USB and a third via plug outlet.
18. Rather than destroy the planet one plastic bottle at a time, gift your wanderlust friend a bottle they can reuse on their adventures (seriously, I take mine with me everywhere!) This gorgeous H20m Water bottle from Lululemon is beautiful and functional, made with durable glass and totally BPA free (no nasty chems!)
19. Know a travel-lover with a ratchet daypack/backpack? I go through at least 4 backpacks per year, that was until I got my paws on these two from Mountain Designs! Perfect for stuffing ALL your gear in then spending your day in transit, exploring mountains or discovering new cities. They’re tough, functional and look good too. Perfecto! Matt is obsessed with his Mountain Designs 30L Mountain Pony Daypack and I’m smitten with my Millican Smith ‘The Roll’ Pack 18L.
20. Another great stocking stuffer is these Cosy Socks, perfect for the plane and helps you survive those long-haul flights with some sanity and comfort
21. I pack a scarf, shawl or poncho with me on every trip I take. They make great blankets and pillows on long-haul flights as well as the perfect cover-up at a religious site or temple. I even wrap my scarf around hotel pillows sometimes, when they look a little well-worn. Check out these scarves for inspiration.
22. Know someone who loves to lounge around in the pool? This inflatable flamingo is the ideal gift.
23. The Apple World Travel Adaptor Kit includes seven AC plugs with pins that fit power points all over the world. It works with iPod, iPhone and iPad, so you can always keep your Apple gear charged and ready to go!
24. Never underestimate the power of a great book. Gift your friend a few travel-inspiring books or visit a thrift store and buy a few novels to keep them company on their next big adventure.
25. For the person who loves maps and home decor, this World map wall sticker is perfect! Give them the gift of the whole world, right in their home. They can also mark off places they’ve been, with the included pins.
26. Another great idea for those who love maps is this Gorgeous world globe, complete with beautiful hand-painted quote, to inspire travel.
27. Wear the whole world on your wrist with this vintage World map watch #AdventureIsOutThere!
28. This absolutely beautiful travel ring is made to order, featuring a map of the world etched into your choice of material (i.e. brass or silver)
29. Know someone who loves jewellery? This stunning locket is the perfect keepsake. Brass, hand enamelled, with either the Eastern or Western hemisphere on the front. Pop a photo inside and they’ll cherish it forever.
30. This dreamy scratch off world map features beautiful watercolour beneath the scratchable gold surface – perfect for the traveller who loves to keep track of where they’ve been.
31. This compass bracelet comes in silver, gold or rose gold and is a really pretty, simple gift for anyone who loves maps, adventure and travel
32. For the personal touch, these monogrammed toiletry bags are absolutely perfect.
33. I’m obsessed with these lovely leather passport covers, handmade and fire-branded with your choice of inspiring text and even your beloved’s name. They also do luggage tags!
34. Know someone who’s a bit romantic? This love travels – travel map allows you to stick little red hearts to mark all the places you’ve visited with the one you love most.
35. Send your friend or loved one a clear message and keep them inspired to travel with this ‘Never Stop Exploring’ Wall Decal
36. This set of 3 Washing Bags makes for a great stocking stuffer but will come in ridiculously handy on future adventures. They keep your laundry separate from your clean clothes and, trust me, are one of those small, simple things that make your life much easier.
37. When you travel, jewellery has a nasty habit of getting tangled up, lost in luggage or left unused because it’s just ‘too hard’ to dig it out. Well, a jewellery organiser roll can solve all those problems! Not only is it pretty, it’s practical as all heck.
38. Need a last-minute gift? Have a minimalist friend who loves fine art? This Travel printable is simple, chic and absolutely gorgeous.
39. In fact, art always makes for an amazing gift. It warms up your home and is a visual reminder to get out and explore more. Give the gift of inspiring artwork this year, with artworks like this, this or this.
40. If you feel the need to be absolutely freaking adorable this year, these travel buddies matching keychains are the perfect gift!
41. Another really adorable gift is this beautiful Good luck charm for safe travel, which features a wishbone, feather and shamrock to keep your travel-loving loved-one safe and sound on their adventures (and also remind them of home and how much you love them!)
42. For the person who loves to write and create keepsakes of their adventures, this personalised notebook is the perfect, thoughtful gift
43. If you know and love someone who has a keen interest in photography, but no money to fuel their addiction, a smartphone camera lens kit can be a great starting point for them! Lens kits clip-on to their phone and include things like fish-eye, macro and wide-angle lenses.
44. A great, budget-friendly gift idea is this beaut Digital Luggage Scale. It might seem like a small, strange gift but, trust me, it comes in really handy. Especially when you’re travelling with budget airlines who have very strict luggage limits.
45. I can’t tell you how many times a backup battery pack has saved my butt while I’m travelling! It’s such a simple gift, but one that has a big impact on your travelling life.
46. Another simple but highly effective gift is a Bluetooth Portable Speaker, which can be used to kick off a hotel room party, dorm room rave or just throw in some background music at a decent volume while you re-pack your suitcase or get ready to go out.
47. One incredibly thoughtful and ridiculously cool gift is a customised monopoly board. Go online and choose the names of the properties, based on your beloved’s favourite travel spots (i.e. The Louvre, Eiffel Tower and Musee d’Orsay) it’s then printed/created and delivered to your door!
48. Make those long-haul flights and overly well-lit hotel rooms a tad more bearable with a dreamy, silk sleep mask
49. Give the gift of peace and serenity with noise-cancelling headphones. Seriously, these are a game-changer on flights and when you’re in-transit or staying in a hostel (or noisy hotel). They just give you the chance to zone out, relax and enjoy the journey without disturbance.
50. An incredible gift that would really make the day of someone who loves adventure and photography, is their very own GoPro. If they already own one, GoPro accessories also make great gifts.
51. This Lightweight travel towel is a great, affordable stocking stuffer and will come in very handy for anyone travelling for a long time, especially those backpacking and staying in hostels.
52. Another great practical gift that’ll make life easier is this 3 pack of Packing Cubes, to help your loved one stay organised and keep their luggage under control.
53. Know someone who travels with a tonne of gadgets? Know a couple travelling together and finding themselves fighting over who gets to charge what first? This 4 Port USB Hub is a simple and very effective solution.
54. Know someone who loves jewellery? This enjoy the journey necklace is a beautiful reminder to enjoy the journey, not just the destination
55. For the safety-conscious traveller, the RFID Blocking Credit Card Sleeve protects Credit Cards from being scanned by RFID scanners and having your precious card deets stolen.
56. Know a solo traveller or someone who relies on their iPhone for travel snaps? This smartphone tripod is a real game-changer.
Useful travel resources for your next adventure!
If you found this post useful, I’d be grateful if you used the affiliate links below. I’ll make a small commission at no extra cost to you. Rest assured, these are the products and services I love and use. Thanks for your support! – Matt
Read the disclaimer for more information.
Agoda – hotels
Booking.com – hotels
Cover-More – insurance
Motorhome Republic – RVs
RentalCars.com – rentals
SimsDirect – SIM cards
Skyscanner – flights
Surfshark – VPN
TourRadar – tours
Uber Carshare – rentals